A new organization, the Friends of Botanic Gardens Forum (FBGF), was set up in September 2019.
The Friends of Oxford Botanic Garden and Arboretum (FOBGA) has just joined it.
Its objectives are to
- support the wider interest of botanic gardens
- encourage information exchange and sharing of experiences
- engage with the international family of botanic gardens
- share experience of funding opportunities
- organise seminars that support Friends groups and botanic garden activities
- foster a skills-sharing network between Friends of botanic gardens.
There will be three newsletters each year produced by FBGF.