Follow a plant from root to seed as we look at all the different stages of a plant’s lifecycle. During your interactive session you can find out what plants need to grow, discover the parts of the plant and why each one is important, and enjoy seasonal highlights around the Garden.
This session is a part guided and part self-guided tour. The group will be split into two during the session so please ensure you have four or more accompanying adults.
Session length: 1 hour 45 minutes
Please download a map of the Garden.
Early Years Foundation Stage
- Communication and language: listening and attention, understanding, speaking
- Personal, social and emotional development: self-confidence
- Understanding the world
Key Stage 1
- Science Yr 1: To identify and describe the basic structure of a variety of common flowering plants, including trees
- Science Yr 2: To observe and describe how seeds and bulbs grow into mature plants
- Science Yr 2: To find out and describe how plants need water, light and a suitable temperature to grow and stay healthy