Group bookings can be made through our webstore for up to 35 people. Tickets are charged at our normal entrance prices; we do not offer group prices. Details about entrance prices and consessionary tickets for over 60s and students can be found in Visit the Garden and Visit the Arboretum.
Summer Schools and English Language groups
We welcome groups of students studying at one of Oxford's many English language colleges and summer schools. Students with valid IDs from these colleges qualify for concessionary entrance tickets. Student groups of up to 35 can be booked online through our webstore. Groups of 36 or more should split into two smaller groups when booking online, and allow ten minutes between arrivals. Our Ticket Office staff can provide you with information about the Botanic Garden or Arboretum, along with a map. Both sites offer interpretation boards, which provide interesting and engaging details about our collections. When you visit, we may have a trail suitable for your students – please ask our Ticket Office staff when you arrive.
Please note the following:
- Groups are welcome to bring picnics to eat; please use the on-site recycling facilies
- We have visitor toilets, including an accessible toilet, at both the Garden and Arboretum
- It is not permitted to play music at either site, and noise levels should respect the enjoyment of other visitors
- Student groups must always be accompanied by their group leader; for students aged 16 or under, there must be one group leader for every 15 students
- Children aged 16 and under will be counted as students when visiting as part of a student group; only children visiting with a paying family member will be admitted free of charge
- The leaders of student groups will be asked to sign a behavioural agreement upon arrival, and are responsible for monitoring the behaviour of their students during their visit
Making a group booking
The easiest way to make your booking is to pay online through our webstore. If you would like to pay by cash or cheque, you can do so in advance at our Ticket Offices, or on arrival with your group. Alternatively, you can contact us about group bookings by emailing email@example.com. We will be happy to help you plan your visit.
Pre-booking is only possible with purchased tickets – entrance cannot be reserved prior to payment. We are not able to accept company vouchers or invoices for visits.