Families at the Botanic Garden
The Botanic Garden is a great place to visit with little ones. Bring a picnic and explore the wonders of the plant world.
The Botanic Garden is a beautiful and compact green space to explore with a family. Visitors are welcome to picnic on the lawns, relax under the shade of a tree or learn about how plants have changed the world.
Useful things to know:
- Our shop, toilet facilities are all open to the public.
- Picnics are welcome, but please take away any waste
- The Garden is accessible for wheelchairs and buggies.
- Children’s scooters can be parked by the Welcome Centre.
- Children are welcome to collect fallen leaves, petals etc from the ground, but please don’t pick anything from the plants.
Please be aware:
- The river Cherwell runs along the side of the Garden
- The Garden contains nearly 5,000 different plants; please make sure that children do not put any plants in their mouths, and please wash hands before eating
- If visiting with children with additional needs, please look at our online access guide for more information