Become a Patron of the Friends of Oxford Botanic Garden and Arboretum.
There are two Patrons’ Groups for those who wish to support the Friends at a higher level. Patrons of the Garden and Arboretum enjoy a more exclusive programme of events and private trips to the best tucked-away gardens and estates in the area, as well as small group visits to the botanical art hidden away in college libraries, the Herbaria in Plant Sciences and in some of the best gardens and estates in the area.
The Bobarts Patrons’ Group
Established in 2004, the Bobarts Patrons’ Group helps support the Garden and Arboretum's running costs and conservation programme. As a member, you are part of a very friendly group sharing many skills and different experiences. Members enjoy all the benefits of the Friends of OBGA, but also receive the following:
- Small group visits to the botanical art and gardens of the Oxford colleges
- Opportunities to see the Herbaria in Plant Sciences
- Regular access to some of the best gardens and estates around Oxford
- Exclusive trips to Kew, RHS Lindley Library, Chelsea Physic Garden
- Since 2012 at least one all-day visit each year with two gardens and lunch
- Longer overnight visits have been arranged to gardens in more distant counties such as Somerset and Herefordshire
- An annual Bobarts’ Day reception at either the OBG or Arboretum, with Director, Senior Staff and Curators
- The knowledge that you are supporting the OBGA with valuable additional funding
The Danby Patrons’ Group
Danby members get all the benefits of being Friends of OBGA and of the Bobarts Patrons’ Group. The Group is administered by the Friends of the Oxford Botanic Garden and Arboretum and the money raised will be divided equally between the Friends, for the benefit of the Garden and Arboretum, and the Department of Biology, for the benefit of the Oxford University Herbaria. In addition, members will enjoy special opportunities such as:
- Private events, with refreshments, in the Oxford University Herbaria and the Garden’s Herbarium Room
- Exclusive biennial overseas tours with senior members of OBGA and the Department of Biology
- Insight into the fascinating work of Oxford University’s plant scientists
- Further events giving special access to the unique, world-class collections and work of the Garden and the Arboretum
Ways to pay
Click below to pay online by card or by direct debit. If you prefer, you can download a membership form to print and post back to us.
If you Gift Aid your Membership, FOBGA can claim an additional 25% of your donation from HMRC. What is Gift Aid? Please note that gifts of membership are not eligible for Gift Aid. If you are not a UK tax payer or prefer not to Gift Aid your Membership, please follow this link to become a Patron without Gift Aid.