Andy Sturgeon: Making the Modern Garden
Winter Lectures 2022
The Winter Lectures 2022 will take place online via Zoom. Use the button below to register.
Making the Modern Garden - a talk by Andy Sturgeon
This informative and entertaining talk kicks off with a whirlwind tour of the history of garden design cramming over 2000 years into a few minutes to explain how modern gardens evolved and how my own work fits into garden design as it is today. The main part of the talk, which is woven with anecdotes, focuses on my own portfolio and journeys from tiny roof gardens to country gardens via Chelsea Flower Show and overseas.
Andy Sturgeon is an internationally renowned garden designer and winner of Best Show Garden at Chelsea Flower Show 2019. Inspired by art and architecture his work explores the relationship between plants and structure and the wider landscape. His modern designs are a fusion of natural materials and contemporary styling which have become known for their timeless architectural qualities, innovative planting and sculptural characteristics. Andy is the winner of eight RHS Gold medals at Chelsea Flower Show and 3 times ‘Best in Show’. Both The Sunday Times and House and Garden Magazine place him in the Top Ten list of landscape designers in Britain with recent accolades including Gold Awards from Singapore, S.Korea and Philadelphia. Andy lectures around the world. He is a published author, journalist and broadcaster and an active commentator in the international garden design sector. His work is frequently featured in books, magazines and newspapers worldwide.
Winter Lecture series 2022:
Join us on Thursdays throughout January, February and March for our Winter Lecture series.
- 20 Jan 2022 | 7pm Isabella Tree Conservationist and author of Wilding – the Return of Nature to a British Farm
- 3 Feb 2022 | 7pm Richard Deverell Director, Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew
- 17 Feb 2022 | 7pm Rosie Atkins Founding Editor of Gardens Illustrated magazine
- 3 Mar 2022 | 7pm Andy Sturgeon Internationally renowned garden designer and winner of Best Show Garden at Chelsea Flower Show 2019
- 17 Mar 2022 | 7pm Joan Morgan Renowned pomologist and fruit historian at Brogdale Collections