Monday 1st May, 2023
May Morning is one of the special benefits of being a Friend of the Oxford Botanic Garden and Arboretum. This is a unique opportunity to invite your own friends and family to witness this ancient Oxford celebration of spring. After the bells have rung at 6.00am, silence falls, and the Magdalen College choristers sing the Hymnus Eucharisticus followed by prayers and further singing, from the top of Magdalen College Tower. You will have the privilege of a perfect view from the peace and beauty of the Botanic Garden, with a hot drink in your hand. While waiting for the choristers you will be entertained by traditional Morris dancers, Cry Havoc, and be able to appreciate the beauty of the early morning light in the garden. As the sun rises, freshly baked croissants, with homemade jam will be served.
- The event will run from 5.00 to 7.00am
- Entry is only via the Rose Lane gate of the Botanic Garden between 5.00-5.30am
- Morris dancers, Cry Havoc, perform 5.15-5.45am
- Friends £20
- Guests £25
- Children 2-15, £5
- Ticket includes complimentary coffee, hot chocolate or tea and a freshly baked croissant with homemade jam
- Bacon butties £4 - card payments only
- Booking is open to all Friends, who may buy tickets for their guests.
- Please note that the closing date for booking is Tuesday 25th April.
If you would like to join the team presenting this very special event, I would love to hear from you. You would be most welcome. It is a busy morning, but always fun. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to sign up.
Booking for this event now closed.