As you will by now be aware, due to changed regulations about plant movement, the Friends are no longer able to offer the normal bountiful Plant Sale of years gone by. We are however, planning a glorious Friends’ Glade as part of the Spring Fair with several opportunities, outlined below.
1. Plant stall
This year the Friends will be running a very special plant stall. For biosecurity reasons all the plants will come from the Botanic Garden itself, potted up specially for this occasion, all interesting plants. Just to whet your appetite here are a few examples:
Anthemis Susanna Mitchell
So come along and support the stall, have a good day out and take home a plant from the Botanic Garden! Please bring your own bags to carry your plants or other purchases.
2. Cake Stall
Bring your drinks to the Friends’ Glade – add a slice of delicious homemade cake, cupcakes for the young, find a chair and relax.
3. Tombola – try your luck! Specials for children
4. The New Paths Project
Find out why this is such an important project!
There will be an opportunity to join Ben Jones, the Arboretum Curator, on a guided tour, during which he will explain where and why the Arboretum so desperately needs the improved Paths
Bring your friends to find out about being a Friend – and all the benefits
6. The Florilegium
The Florilegium plan to sell cards, tea towels, prints made from our paintings. If the weather is good, they may be demonstrating botanical painting.
How can you, the Friends, contribute to the success of the Friends’ Glade?
1. Firstly, by coming along on the 14th to support the Friends’ Glade! Bring your own friends and family too.
2. Keep an eye on the website – there will be more news about the Spring Fair coming
3. If you love baking, your cake, or cupcakes, would be more than welcome on our cake stall. If you are thinking of bringing a cake, please email Carol Maxwell to find out about collection and delivery arrangements and listing of ingredients.
4. If you have ungiven or unwanted gifts, filling up your drawers, someone else could win them on the Tombola. Bottles, jars, and cans are very popular - so long as the contents are in-date. Please contact Seonaid Danziger to arrange collection or delivery
We very much look forward to seeing you in the Friends Glade!
Every penny we make will go towards the Paths Appeal!