Please note that this course has been cancelled.
Spend the day learning what it takes to survive in the wilderness, practising the core skills of bushfcraft and survival.
This Bushcraft experience will be led by Manse, director of Wilderness Pioneers, who recently starred in the three part Channel 4 documentary, 'Surviving the Stone Age', and featured on BBC Countryfile. The course has been created and developed to introduce you to not only the skills, but also the philosophy behind bushcraft and what the Wilderness Pioneers strongly believe in.
Skills and knowledge you will learn on the day:
- How to make fire using a variety of techniques and methods;
- Where to find and utilise natural tinders;
- How to manage a fire safely and efficiently;
- Learning about the many useful plants and trees;
- How to find water and make it safe to drink;
- Shelters: both man made and natural;
- Safe site selection for shelters;
- And much more.
Please bring a packed lunch with you.