Due to COVID-19, Oxford Botanic Garden cannot currently take groups into the glasshouses. All sessions at both Oxford Botanic Garden and Harcourt Arboretum will be held outdoors. Sessions have been adapted to take this into consideration and where possible species will be bought out of the glasshouses for the class visits.
School groups will not be expected to socially distance from each other, but they will be expected to socially distance from the public and Oxford Botanic Garden and Arboretum staff.
Masks are not required for primary school groups but are required for secondary groups whenever indoors. Social distancing guidelines must be followed. The bathrooms are open but signage must be followed and there is a one in one out system.
Help us keep you safe
We need your help in following these rules so we can remain open and safe for everyone. Please respect social distancing guidance at all times. Unfortunately, if we see that the following rules are not being observed, we will have to take immediate action, including asking people to leave or closing entirely.
- You should not visit if you think you have COVID-19 symptoms
- Keep 2m away from other people
- Regularly wash your hands and avoid touching your face. Check the NHS guidelines for more information
- Come prepared with your own hand sanitiser and tissues
- If you fall into one of the vulnerable groups it is the schools responsibility to ensure all appropriate control measures are put in place to keep the person, or persons, safe and to liaise as appropriate with the Gardens of Arboretum.
- Please refrain from approaching our horticultural and arboricultural teams whilst they work as they are social distancing and will therefore be unable to answer questions
Further information available on our FAQs page.