Become a Friend and you will support Britain's oldest botanic garden, founded in 1621; help conserve rare and threatened trees at Harcourt Arboretum, created in 1830 and spanning 130 acres of woodland walks, wildflower meadows and ponds; and support education, training and vital research into plants and the environment for future generations.
- Free entry to the Garden and Arboretum
- A 10% discount in our shops
- Coffee mornings and tours led by members of staff
- An invitation to events such as May Morning, the Friends' summer party and behind the scenes visits to other gardens
- Free entry to a number of botanic gardens in the UK with whom we have a reciprocal arrangement
- A regular newsletter and e-bulletin
If you wish to support the Friends at a higher level, you can join the Bobarts or Danby Patrons' groups. The Bobarts Patrons' Group provides additional financial support to the Garden and Arboretum; in return, members enjoy all the Friends' benefits, plus additional exclusive visits to private gardens and to collections of botanical art and herbaria. The Danby Patrons' Group is a unique joint venture between the Friends and the Oxford University Department of Plant Sciences, supporting the University Herbaria. Members enjoy special events and overseas tours as well as being Friends of OBGA and members of the Bobarts Patrons' Group.
Ways to pay
To pay by card, select a membership type below, either for you or as a gift of membership (please note the last day for processing gift memberships at Christmas is 1st December).
If you would prefer to pay by cheque or direct debit, please download a membership form or a gift membership form. If you pay by direct debit, you receive 15 months' membership for the price of 12 in the first year.