Become a Friend
Enjoying entry to 13 botanic gardens across the country and exclusive events.
Become a Friend and you will support Britain's oldest botanic garden, founded in 1621; help conserve rare and threatened trees at Harcourt Arboretum, created in 1830 and spanning 130 acres of woodland walks, wildflower meadows and ponds; and support education, training and vital research into plants and the environment for future generations.
What the Friends receive:
- Free entry to the Garden and Arboretum
- A 10% discount in our shops
- Coffee mornings and tours led by members of staff
- An invitation to events such as May Morning, the Friends' summer party and behind-the-scenes visits to other gardens
- Free entry to a number of botanic gardens in the UK with whom we have a reciprocal arrangement
- A regular newsletter and e-bulletin
If you wish to support the Friends at a higher level, consider joining one of our Patrons’ Groups for a more exclusive programme of events and private trips to the best tucked-away gardens and estates in the area. Patrons of the Garden and Arboretum enjoy a programme of small group visits to the botanical art hidden away in college libraries, the Oxford University Herbaria, and in some of the best gardens and estates in the area.
Ways to pay
Click below to pay online by card or by direct debit. If you prefer, you can download a membership form to print and post back to us.
If you Gift Aid your Membership, FOBGA can claim an additional 25% of your donation from HMRC. What is Gift Aid? Please note that gifts of membership are not eligible for Gift Aid. If you are not a UK tax payer or prefer not to Gift Aid your Membership, please follow this link to Join the Friends without Gift Aid.